There are many competitive exams that involve essay writing. Scroll down to unearth some of the important essay topics along with some informative tips and tricks that can surely help you excel in your upcoming exams.
Generally, the demanded essays cover subjects from areas of Politics, International Relations and other fields related to socio-economic and cultural issues of the state.
- Worldwide integration and its effect on developing countries
- Pros and cons of print and electronic media
- Advantages and disadvantages of playing games
- Role of youth in the climbing crime rate
- Has the conventional male character alternated in last 25 years?
- Severe penalties may help in decreasing crimes
- Brutality on TV has an explicit effect on our children’s attitude
- Impact of public smoking ban
- Is it suitable for media report the private lives of superstars to raise their rating
- Contribution of the USA in Pak-India Conflict
- If women governed the world
- Global warming
- Child corpulence is disastrous
- The role of rainforests in controlling the earth’s ecosystem
- Terrorism and its impact on world peace
- The contribution of social media in our lives
- What’s the role of patriotism in today’s globally integrated world
- Media has great impact on the mindset of common men
Essay writing for competitive exams is significantly different from doing it for your college or school. It requires you to acquire knowledge almost about every discipline of life. Keep in mind, your general knowledge and know-how in the field of current affairs will act as a basis for your performance in competitive exams.
Manage Your Time
Whatever duration you allot for your essay writing you have to utilize it cautiously and in a practical way. Make sure to at least invest 5 minutes of your total time reading the list of available topics so that you can decide one for you.
Keep in mind; you need to reach the introductory section within around 4-7 minutes of reading the topics list.
Structuring Your Essay
Before you start, you need to keep three important things in your mind.
- Always keep the length of your essay within the suggested word limit
Generally, a word limit is fixed in almost every essay paper. To know the exact word limit, it is highly advisable that you read the question attentively before you start writing your essay.
- How you will tie in facts and organize your essay rationally
While writing, make sure to be very clear about your prospects. We would suggest you to jot down all your ideas and important points on paper ahead of writing your essay. By doing so will help you structure your essay more effectively and accurately.
- And obviously, Adequate vocabulary with sound grammar and command on the language is a MUST
Don’t ever try to be verbose while writing your essay. Always remember, short and simple selection of words will grab reader’s attention.
Normally you will divide your essay in three parts including a persuasive opening, a well-structured body and an impressive conclusion.
The perfect beginning Para will grab examiner’s attention towards your essay. However, you should not only draw the reader’s concentration, but strongly assert your opinion on the provided topic.
The ‘body’ segment of an essay should include the evidences regarding your arguments. Make intelligent use of statistics, facts and figures, quotations, opinions etc.
Last but not the least, wrap up your competitive exam’s essay effectively by summarizing the details you’ve discussed in the ‘intro’ and ‘body’ sections of your essay. Make sure not to repeat things again and again. Do not include any new information in the closure section of your essay. Simply, conclude your viewpoints in the finest of words possible.
Million Dollar Suggestions
- Invest in a good grammar book to learn all the language basics including tenses, paragraph writing, sentence structure, parts of speech, punctuation and all other elemental ingredients of English
- Don’t forget to review the essay writing guideline
- Instead of writing long, complex essays, try to write brief essays on simple topics in order to learn the basic essay structure and other essay writing prerequisites
- Avert informal writing. Use simple language and always cite properly
Essay Topics for Competitive Exams – A Final Thought
Practice makes man perfect! Taking part in any competitive exam isn’t a piece of cake. Make sure to invest few hours per day in constructive habits such as reading or writing. Get your hands on all the latest available information so that you can handle multiple fields of study or generalized social topics with ease and perfection.
Essay writing is all about depicting arguments in a persuasive manner. Write less but write well. Take a cue from this post and amaze your examiner with your accurate and effective essay writing skills. Happy Writing!