Several main things must appear in each definition of good leadership though the definition of good leadership may vary from one individual to the next. The following are guides to a Custom Essay Help
- Unique style of leadership – there are many different styles that a good leader can use therefore good leadership is not restricted to any particular style.
- A leader has to be prepared to lead – Leadership has to be a conscious choice. Each decision must be deliberate and well thought through. Good leaders hardly ever rely on luck alone.
- You can only be a leader when others are ready to follow you – the title itself says it all; leadership cannot exist without a following.
- People and relationships are more important to a leader than the routine tasks – since you expect people to follow you, it only makes sense to have the same people as your main priority.
- Good leaders set a clear vision – as stated earlier, good leadership is intentional. A leader should be able to paint for his/her followers a clear picture of their destination.
- Communication is essential – you have to communicate constantly and accurately; your followers need to know where they are going and how they will get there.
- After describing the destination, you have to deliver – good leadership produces desirable results.
- Manage your drive and energy – always have some reserve energy for when things go wrong. Being able to manage your energy also means knowing your limits.
- Always trust your gut – some may take this to mean that one must be impulsive. A good leader trusts not only his instincts but also thinks things through.
- Finally, a good leader accepts and learns from his/ her mistakes – it is impossible for any one person to be perfect. Good leadership involves acknowledging and bearing responsibility for mistakes.
These Custom Essay Help will guide you to structure a great leader essay
What Makes a Great Leader Essay?
Here are five steps you will follow while writing leader essay with the help of the above Custom Essay Help.
- Pre-write your essay
Brainstorm for an appropriate topic for your essay as well as the main ideas you will discuss bearing in mind the Custom Essay Help. In addition, you will research while making notes and later draft an outline, which will organize this information in a logical sequence.
- Prepare an initial draft
Here you will have a few considerations to make. Your introduction should have a clear topic sentence as well as a strong thesis that will drive your body paragraphs.
- Revise your essay
At this point, you will be able to review your content, making sure there are no errors in wording and grammar, you must always write in third person. This is because you are discussing a phenomenon and not recounting personal experiences.
- Edit your essay
A great leader essay must be clear and concise, but it should also engage the reader in a lively manner
- Prepare your final version.
Having incorporated all the changes listed, you are now ready to write the final version of your essay.
What Makes a Good Leader?
It is important to know what makes a good leader. The certain qualities a person possesses can potentially determine what kind of leader they will be. Generally, a good leader possesses the qualities of dependability, integrity and perseverance. Without these qualities, there is no way any person can lead and direct a group, or a whole nation.
To be a leader means you have a lot of responsibilities, so people have to depend on you to take care these responsibilities. Sometimes, being a leader comes with hard decisions, but it is your responsibility to make those decisions. If people can depend on you to get them through not only the good times, but the hard ones too, then you have the making of a great leader.
The possession of firm principals ensures that you will make the most responsible decisions and do what you truly think is best. Having integrity means, a person is honest, trustworthy, reliable, loyal and honorable. To be a leader you must possess these certain characteristics so that you are able to lead fairly and justly. Without integrity and a good set of core values, how can we be able to trust our leaders?
With determination and perseverance, a leader will keep focused and get people through difficult times. To be determined is one of the most important aspects of a leader so perseverance to do your best and lead the people in the right direction is crucial. Without motivation, a leader can fold under the pressures of the job and let down the people. Perseverance ensures that the job done and the people will be led properly.